Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Oh little bloggy - what has happened??

I've forgotten about you!

This is the big week - surgery week.

I'm nervous, scared and anxious.... I've been reading a lot on line about my surgery and it looks like it could take up to 12 months to fully regain 100% strength in my shoulder. But each case I've read, each patient has said totally worth it.

I'm nervous about the anesthesia (more so about vomiting after) and also that for some reason it won't work on me and I'll feel everything.

I'm scared because well...it's surgery

And I'm anxious to get it over with and be back to normal life with no pain. It's been killing me lately but that's probably because I unloaded all my Christmas decorations from the attic by myself and moved a 500 pound piano by myself. I also moved a bed and an inversion table.... maybe I should have asked for help.... oh well too late now.

I'm not looking forward to being out of commission for a few days. From reading it looks like pain meds are going to be a definite for the first 3-4 days. Pain meds make me soo sleepy so I'll probably just be lazy through the weekend. I'm hoping to get back up and working on Monday, at least from home if nothing else, and be driving the following week.

PT should start a few weeks post op....

Come by and see me... I'm sure I'll be in my Rx la-la-land but always enjoy the company!

Have a Happy Monday!

0 comments:

Followers