Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2009

I get hurt so you don't have to...part 2

If you remember correctly a few days ago I posted this ... well as you may have noticed it said "Part 1"... you have to assume that I would follow up with a "part 2"....

So.... last week I decided I would take a run over to Karen & Ciearra's... it's about 2 - 2.5 miles from my house to theirs. Not too bad right...

So I lace up my shoes, grab my iphone (which operates as an ipod too... good thing I can listen to my tunes and still have my phone in case something happens right...), and head out the door for a nice afternoon run. It was probably almost 80 degrees that day... such a pretty day.

So here I am trucking along Kelly towards George Bush. Now, to give those of you who are not familiar the "lay of the land" between my house and Karen's, we basically are separated by a HUGE MASSIVE TOLL ROAD. To get to the side of the street that Karen's neighborhood is on I have to cross over George Bush and subsequently run about 3/4 of a mile down the access road to get to the entrance of her neighborhood...

I was having a minor freak out because I couldn't remember if there were sidewalks along the access road... luckily there were so I was a-ok! Had there not been, this could have been a much worst post... ie... I get hurt by getting run over by a car on the highway....

As I'm crossing over the bridge and cars are whizzing by me... I start feeling this burning sensation right by my hip. My iphone was in it's little sports case and clipped onto the waist band of my running pants so I figured "Oh it's just hot from being played" so I scooted it over so it would stop burning me......

Little did I know at that point .. I had already been burned... and blistered for that matter. WHO GETS BURNED AND BLISTERED BY AN IPHONE??????

See below

You can't really see the magnitude of the blister in this picture... over the course of the few days following my run it scabbed over and was gross... now it's healed but I will NEVER clip my iphone to my waistband again... I will ALWAYS use the arm strap that came with the case.

Toodles!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you noticed your blister looks like a daisy?
Sean

Followers